I’m thinking lately, how with the shut down of every thing outside of my home, just how much time I’ve had to write, and learn some new techniques for photography, or to use some serious tools for learning how to make good films.
I’m also thinking lately, just how much of those things I have not been doing.
Add to that, the fact that I try to steer myself away from the negative stuff floating around social media, but the stuff still gets in.
Those thoughts, they are somebody else’s.
And they cause my own thoughts to be quite well covered up.
To the point where stringing two thoughtful sentences together is difficult.
Who is to say what is right?
“I’ve got somebody else’s thoughts in my head I want some of my ownSource: LyricFind
I want some of my own I want some of my own”
Songwriters: Ron Aniello / Jason Wade
Somebody Else’s Song lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Round Hill Music Big Loud Songs
Here are a few of my thoughts.
I’ll put them in a list, that way they don’t have to be well worded, but I need to get them out before they are lost; again.
- We all did what was required of us
- We stayed home – we stayed in
- It’s time to leave the nest again
- The suicide rate is well up from where it was just two months ago
- Mental health is important – for some – it does mean life or death
- The stores are full of terrified people – how long can we live in fear?
- Some are taking charge where it is not their place to do so
- Some were given the place, and shouldn’t have been
- Campgrounds and parks are open, but pools and lakes are not, da?
- Fresh air and sunshine would go a long way to our physical and mental health, right?
- Zoom, Facebook Live and other meeting places were fun. At first.
- Eating and cooking at home has been an adventure – Coronavirus 15 (pounds) anyone?
- BONUS: Reading an entire series of books has been great. (somebody else’s words)
- BONUS: Reading books I would not have even considered before has enlarged my understanding (somebody else’s words)
- Even with all of the “practice” reading, I still don’t read any faster. Boo.
- Binge watching is a really cool activity (somebody else’s words)
- Sore backside from all that binge-ing
- Running low on binge-able material
- The dog has been on more walks in our country fields
- I really need to go back to church, and exercise class, and lunch with the girls
- Hugs. I need hugs. I’m not generally a rule breaker, but …
This has turned into quite a mix and match of good and not so good.
I’ll leave you with this;
- If you don’t feel well, by all means, stay home
- If you need to go out, please do
- If you feel the need to wear a mask, do so
- If you don’t feel a need to mask up , be respectful and keep your distance
- You should not be touching your face any way!
- Don’t be judgy of those who feel differently than you do
- DO wash your hands.
- Read, sing, dance, write, chat, worship, exercise, turn off the news; anything you need to do to keep your spirits up.
My little list rant has helped to get this out of my head.
Perhaps it helped your thinking to move too, one way or the other.
Maybe now I’ll have room for some “Words of My Own”.
Until next time …
You must be logged in to post a comment.