Counterfeit is great until you need the real thing.
We live in a world that is bright and shiny.
There is always something to grab our attentions, and distract us from the things that are in fact, real.
We can always find a bauble for our most current need; until we can’t.
Where do we turn when we find out that what we have been following, and holding on to, is in fact only a cheap trinket, a counterfeit of the real?
This place is both disheartening and frightening at the same time. How could we have been so fooled, so tricked, so easily duped?
It could be disheartening because, well, if we fell for something this time, then we could easily fall for it a next time.
It could be frightening because, many times these counterfeits can bring danger to us; physically, mentally or financially.
Our emotions run, and run, and stopping them takes a lot of hard work and determination.
One quality decision after another.
These are times that the counterfeit goes away, and the real comes alive; Real pain; Real stress; Real bitterness; Real sorrow.
If we could only know the REAL in advance!
Well I believe we can.
My source is the Holy Bible. Words I believe that come from God Himself.
In the day in which we live, we hear all the time that we must live our own truth.
Personally, I tried that. I lived my own truth for most of my life.
Some parts were just me, other parts were me trying to mix in a little of Him to make it into something I could try and make Him happy with.
In the words of Dr. Phil; “How’s that workin’ for ya?”
Not so well I must admit.
My ideas always ended me up someplace where the bright and shiny had worn off, and turned into dingy and dark.
I want to tell you what has worked for me.
In seeking truth and light, a real deal, I came across some verses in the Bible that made me more than a little curious to seek the readily available truth of scripture.
The truth looked like this;
In Genesis 1:27 it says;
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
And in Psalms 139:13-16 it says;
- For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
And then finally;
John 8:12 says;
- Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
I believe these statements to be the real deal, that being said, then I also believe that we are pretty dog-gone special!
If they are real, it means that;
- I am (We) are made in HIS image!
- I am (We) not a mistake, He knew me BEFORE conception!
- I am (We) will not wander around in the dark if I (We) follow Him!
This is not to say there will not be dark times; there will; but we will not falter by holding on to a counterfeit comfort and light, or shiny useless baubles for our pleasure.
Isaiah 54:17 says that;
- No weapon formed against you shall prosper. It does no say that it won’t be formed, it says it won’t prosper.
In plain language – regarding truth vs. counterfeit – If you follow what scripture says, you will always be able to discern the truth from a lie.
Thank you for joining me here – My hope is that you will find at least one thing that will be helpful and encouraging for you on your path.
See you next time!
You must be logged in to post a comment.