Here is a beginners list of God’s wishes for you, with Him in your life.
He is a personal God.
- Jehovah-‘Immeku – Lord Is With You – Judges 6:12 When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, “The LORD is with you, mighty warrior.”
He chose you, He wants you to choose Him as your Refuge.
- Jehovah-Eli – Lord my God – Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
He wants to be your shepherd (leader, guide, protector)
- Jehovah-Rohi – Shepherd – Psalm 23 A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He Guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
He wants to be peace for you.
- Jehovah-Shalom – Peace – Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a sn is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful COunselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
He wants to provide everything you need.
- Jehovah-Jireh – Provider – Gen. 22:14 1So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”
- Philip 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
He wants to be your firm place to stand.
- Jehovah-Sel’i – Lord my Rock – Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shieldand the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
He wants to be your healer.
- Jehovah-Rophe – Healer – Isaiah 53:4 Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering.
He wants to be a light for you in the storms of your life.
- Jehovah-‘Ori – Lord my Light – Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
He wants you to be with Him for eternity.
- Jehovah-Helech ‘Olam – Lord King Forever Psalm 10:16 The LORD is King forever and ever.