I always joke that my husband’s middle name should actually be “Service”.
If you can’t find him in the grocery parking lot, look for the car with the hood open – look there, that’s where you’ll find him.
If he can’t fix it, or help you in some way – he’ll find someone who can.
He is energized by helping others, and helping, and helping, and helping.
Lazy is not in his character, his “No” button, sometimes gets stuck.
But all in all, he inspires others to do good.
He leaves me in the dust.
In this post, I’ve collected three different places on the web that give me great inspiration.
If watching the news makes you believe that we’re “Going to hell in a hand-basket”, try some of these links; see if there is something that your heart may be telling you to do.
In Returning the Favor, Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, “Returns the Favor” to people across the nation who selflessly give of themselves to help others.
Here are three of my favorites episodes;
- A Hero’s Retreat https://www.facebook.com/ReturningTheFavor/videos/1955900624681198/
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace https://www.facebook.com/ReturningTheFavor/videos/2020109721593621/
- The Bra Fairy https://www.facebook.com/1938059449798649/posts/2246514728953118/
The next set is for those of us who feel like we are not enough.
For when I feel like maybe I’ve crossed the line between hope and a twilight zone of some sort.
The persons in the I Am Second videos are from every walk of life, every lifestyle, every variation of behavior possible. They are every man. (and woman)
- Josh Turner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcm6fVb9lk
- Anne Rice https://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/anne-rice/
- Eric Metaxas https://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/eric-metaxas/
The third and last I’ll share here, is near and dear to my heart.
Rebuilding Together rehabilitates and modify homes for those with low income, disabled American veterans, and families with small children.
Rebuilding Together has 164 affiliates nationwide.
Rebuilding Together is a 501c3, and charges nothing to it’s clients. RT uses corporate dollars and volunteer labor to get it’s work done.
It’s main goal is to keep people safe, warm and dry.
Here are three videos to let you see more about them.
- Cheryl’s Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3vknjruCME&t=26s
- Rebuilding Together: Our Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSwehUVb10
- Rebuilding Together Muscaine County https://vimeo.com/264718365/3351bc13ba
Whether you want to change your own circumstances, or be the one who can change someone else’s, take time to check out some of these videos, and get your own ideas rolling.
A mentor of mine from years ago was teaching about it being “too late”.
The part that stuck with me was “Don’t delay. Start today.”
Anything is possible. Make good choices!
Thanks for reading. See you next time!