Significant Encounters is a place for you if you have experienced drama and trauma in your life. A place of encouragement for you. A place where you know that someone is in your corner. A soft place to land.
Remember when I said that God was a creator and that He created us just the way we were? Let me read you something from Psalm 139:13-16 – For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
If we fully understand these verses, then what we know is that God created us the way He wanted us to be. The way he could use us. The way that delighted His heart over us. The delight that He had over us could be a benefit to others. We know that we are not a mistake. God doesn’t make mistakes. It’s not something He’s capable of.
Now the world that we live in tends to glorify mistakes. They point them out. You’ll see it daily all-over social media. You’ll see it all over the daily news and hear it when you go out. Coming from every direction. Being canceled is a thing nowadays. It doesn’t take much, just disagree with someone’s opinion. This is NOT how God planned it. He wants us to know what he thinks of us.
He created us. So what does He say about His creation? We just read it, right? We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Even if we don’t FEEL like it.
Fearfully translated from Hebrew means heartfelt interest, reverence, and respect.
Wonderfully translated from Hebrew means unique and set apart.
God often uses our weaknesses to help others. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10.
Sin and pride mask the part where He said He made us with a purpose in mind. What is that purpose? Love. To love Him. To love others. To show His love to all the people that we can.
Our identity must be found in God. It cannot be found in our families, our jobs, our homes, our hobbies, our travels, or even our dreams. Looking for our identity there, will still allow lots of room for insecurities and poor self-imaging.
Here is a partial list of just what God thinks of you, and the corresponding scriptures.
If you have received Christ as your savior*, then all of these things apply to you.
It STILL amazes me that God thinks this of me, after all the lies I’ve ingested over a lifetime.
- You are saved. 2Timothy 1:9 Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. (NKJV)
- You are complete. Colossians 2:10. and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. (NKJV)
- You are chosen. 1 Thessalonians 1:4 We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people. (NLT)
- You are a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (NKJV)
- You are a child of God. 1 John 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore, the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. (NKJV)
- You are no longer a slave. Galatians 4:7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. (NKJV)
- You are above and not beneath. The Lord will make you the head and not the tail. You will always be on top, never at the bottom, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I am giving you today.
- You are accepted. Romans 15:7 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. (NLT)
- You are healed. Psalm 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. (NKJV)
- You are not alone. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (NKJV)
- God thinks You are special. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (NKJV)
- You are alive in Christ. Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved). (NKJV)
- You are His. Isaiah 43:1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (NKJV)
- In God, you are wise. Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. (NKJV)
Read more about it here; How do I receive Christ?
Pray this simple prayer.
DEAR LORD JESUS, I WANT TO KNOW YOU PERSONALLY. THANK YOU FOR DYING ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS AND FOR RISING FROM THE DEAD. I OPEN THE DOOR OF MY LIFE AND RECEIVE YOU AS MY SAVIOR AND LORD. I TRUST YOU NOW TO FORGIVE MY SINS AND GIVE ME ETERNAL LIFE. PLEASE MAKE ME THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE.
Feel free to like, comment and share with anyone you think might find encouragement from this post.
I hope you’ll join me next time, where we’ll further our conversation on how and why we think of ourselves the way we do.